Cooking: Vegetable and Mushroom Pie

I had an urge to bake a pie today. The credit goes to Jamie Oliver. We were watching his Food Fight Club show and he baked a wonderful looking pie. It had meat in it, so I had to adjust the recipe for our Vegetarian taste buds. So, this pie has potatoes, sweet potatoes, both roasted a bit in a skillet before adding to the dish. There is a bag of the “fiesta blend” vegetables from Hy-Vee, that includes beans of several kinds, broccoli, carrots, and pea pods. Then I added a handful of frozen corn, frozen peas, and almond milk. The gravy is mushrooms, almond milk, a bit of beer, onion flakes, marjoram, bay leaves, garlic powder, vegan vegetable broth block, and some flour to thicken it up.
The quality of the crust is yet to be determined. I am not very good at making pie crust, so I got a little box of Jiffy pie crust mix. I followed the instructions…mostly….so I might not have got it precisely right. OK, I’ll go taste it right now, please wait there. Wow, it’s a bit crumbly, and a tad dry, but mixed with the gravy and some of the veg it’s really good!! Awesome. Now the only thing is that I will have to wait until tonight to have it for supper:)
I wanted to get it made early in the day, making the house smell soooooo good, and these kinds of things are always better leftover. For supper we’ll have fresh leftover vegetable pie. Nice.
2013 008
Before.

2013 009
Before.
 2013 013
After.
2013 010
.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire